£58000 - £62000 per annum
21 days ago
Financial Controller - Nottingham
Located just outside Nottingham City Centre, the Company has ambitious growth plans and, as a result, is looking to recruit a progressive Financial Controller.
Reporting to the Finance Director and, as a pivotal member of the Finance Team, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the financial operation within the business and have responsibility for customer contracts that comprise their UK business.
The company have just completed their strategic plan which will see them significantly grow the business over the next 5 years. This Financial Controller role will play a crucial part in helping the business achieve their goals and, as a result, we are looking for someone who enjoys working in an open minded culture, someone with the desire to challenge the status quo and drive business performance through great financial management.
The business has a core Senior Leadership Team who are incredibly passionate about the performance of the business. They have an open plan environment that encourages staff to voice new ideas, they're also situated in an ideal location away from the hustle and bustle of the City. They are a privately owned business with very strong corporate ethics which runs through all levels of the business.
ALL ABOUT THE ROLE…
- Lead the development of the UK Finance Team, currently consisting of 3 direct reports
- Ensure that the appropriate policies and processes are in place to deliver accurate, reliable, timely and consistent financial data and management information.
- Take the lead on various senior leadership initiatives as part of the local management team (e.g. reduce debtor days, stock control, introduction of KPIs)
- Lead and participate in the monthly accounting close ensuring timeliness, accuracy, completeness and compliance with corporate policy
- Tax compliance including income tax, VAT and corporation tax computations and all relevant submissions to Companies House and HMRC.
- Responsible for the annual statutory accounts, budgeting process and re-forecasting exercises as required
- Support the implementation of new processes and controls and the implementation of new systems that are geared to the growth of the business
- Covering for the Finance Director and supporting on new projects from a commercial perspective.
Qualified ACCA or ACA - suited to someone looking to make their 2nd move from practice
Someone who is up for challenge, they are looking for candidates who will question processes and actively seek to make improvements
Someone that has a track record of improving process's
Interpersonal skills to support, advise and influence managers from different parts of the business whilst providing strong financial control where necessary
Ultimately, we're looking for somebody that "Knows what good finance looks like" and has the gumption to spread that across a really cracking business.
This is an outstanding opportunity for any qualified accountant who has aspirations to progress within a growing SME and learn from a successful Management Team who have a proven track record of growing a business
c£58,000 - £62,000 basic salary
10% Bonus based on individual deliverables / company performance
5% Matched Pension Scheme
25 Days Holiday + Statutory
Interview dates are lined up throughout early May, with our client looking to appoint this position in the next month.
Cherry Professional are recruiting this role on behalf of the client.