£48000.00 - £53000.00 per annum + + additional benefits
5 months ago
Exciting opportunity in central Derby for a Financial Controller.
You will need to be a fully qualified accountant - ACMA, ACCA, ACA with a strong background in financial accounts coupled with leadership ability.
The company is going through an exciting period of growth, both through acquisition and organically. They are looking to appoint a Financial Controller to support the Finance Director. You will form part of the Senior Management Team and assume responsibility for the day to day running for the Accounting function, delivery of the financial strategy and providing insightful input to support the commercial strategy for this business.
Heading up the accounting team based in the Derby office, you will work closely with, and support the Finance Director with the day-to-day running of the Finance operation. This role requires a leader, team player, logical thinker; a hands-on person with a "can do attitude", who is able to work under pressure, develop their team, and be proactive in making recommendations and implementing agreed actions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage and develop a small team of accountants, overseeing the daily Finance operation
- Support the Finance Director to deliver accurate and timely financial information to the wider business
- Lead the month end close process, in accordance with agreed timetables
- Meet the relevant reporting requirements in an accurate and timely manner, both at a Group level and as required by the Finance Director and wider business
- Take ownership of the company balance sheet, ensuring regular reconciliation of key accounts and taking corrective action where necessary
- Oversee the production of financial budgets and forecasts for the business as a whole, in accordance with relevant timetables
- Review of job reconciliations ensuring adherence to agreed timetables
- Identify opportunities for improvements in the quality of information provided, and the corresponding processes
- Be proactive in identifying business issues highlighted by the financials and ensuring the relevant operational manager has support to address those matters
- Oversee the year-end audit, liaising with auditors as required while ensuring all deliverables are produced accurately and in a timely manner
- Oversee the delivery of statutory requirements, VAT and P11D
- Production of ad-hoc reports as required by management and the wider business
- Assuming and performing other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, but which are logically and inherent to the position
You will be a fully qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA accountant with post-qualifying experience, and a track record of people management and development. You will also ideally have experience of a multi-currency environment along with systems improvements and the ability to manage change across the business.
Other positions you are likely to have applied for are Head of Finance; Finance Manager; Accounting Manager; FC.
The opportunity is commutable from Staffordshire; Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire.