£40000 - £45000 per annum
5 months ago
Financial Controller, Nottingham, up to £45,000 + Benefits
We are currently supporting a Nottingham based SME in their search for a Financial Controller.
The MD is looking for a proactive, energetic, and passionate individual, who is a team player and commercially astute. Ideally you will be a 'hands on' business driver who is absolutely committed to both personal and corporate growth.
Offering up to £45,000 + Bonus + Further Benefits
Our client is looking for an exceptional Financial Controller who will work in synergy with the MD/the Board. The main responsibility of the role will be the effective delivery of financial reporting and controls along with management of the Finance Team of two people. Critically the role will ensure the appropriate controls are in place, develop and enhance the systems and eventually support and manage the financial direction of this business.
You will be responsible for producing the monthly management accounts and providing all the back end commentaries which will be presented to the Senior Leadership Team and internal stakeholders, working with the MD to determine commercial insight.
You will also prepare the annual statutory accounts and manage the relationship with the external auditors. The role will also focus on strategic planning and positioning of the business in partnership with the Senior Leadership Team.
Essentially, this role will require a qualified CIMA/ACA/ACCA accountant. You will have a natural flair and ability to challenge and influence senior stakeholders as well as a desire to manage in a changing and fast paced environment. This is a rare and exciting opportunity, if you are looking to make a step up or a move across and make a difference in a company that is going through a period of significant transformation.
- Build, mentor, motivate and train the Finance Team to deliver a strong financial service which adds value to the business.
- Full responsibility for Accounting & Systems development to improve the speed and quality of information and report on the KPIs of the business.
- Responsibility for Management Accounting information including production of detailed commentary and analysis which will be used by the Senior Leadership Team to make decisions.
- Financial analysis including forecasting, budgeting and liking this to the financial strategic plan.
- Ownership of all external relationships including HMRC, auditors, and being the principle point of contact for statutory and legal entity reporting.
- Ad-hoc and planned projects to improve controls, systems, methods and the accuracy information.
- Commercial support to the MD to enable business growth and development.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone used to working within a changing SME entrepreneurial environment. The MD needs someone with dynamism who can operate at senior leadership team level as well as handle the day to day management accounts/reporting and finance functions.
Additionally you will have excellent communication skills, be a real self-starter capable of working as part of a small team and combine both technical and commercial finance skills.
Experience in a sub £50 million turnover business is essential.
Cherry Professional are recruiting this role on behalf of the client.