Financial Controller | Beeston, Nottinghamshire | Offering up to £60,000 + Benefits
Cherry Professional are currently supporting a £25million turnover SME based in Beeston (Nottingham) in their search for a Financial Controller.
The business is looking for a Financial Controller with a good level of analytical skills to manage their finances and deliver insights that enable them to measure and report on strategic initiatives aligned with their business and financial plan.
Why work for them?
- Design and implement financial strategies that will have a direct impact on a growing SME
- 20% Year on Year Growth for the past 4 years
- Retention is great, mix of 10/15 years + and some new faces
- No cash flow issues, highly profitable
- Absolutely not a corporate environment, they have autonomy to get things done quickly, don’t blink!
- Ideally looking for someone with an affinity for tinkering with systems
- Open plan office, no politics
- Opportunity to lead a small team, 3 in total
- Fun but a fast-paced culture
Who are they looking for?
- Relevant qualification (CIMA, ACCA or ACA), and 3 + years’ experience post qualification
- Experience working in a production based business - Construction, FMCG or Manufacturing
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise and analyse data with accuracy, converting company goals into numbers
- Demonstrated ability to plan, work, and deliver towards objectives and key results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to craft precise information in both presentation and written formats.
In this role, you will continue to evolve and maintain the fundamental financial systems within the organisation. There is huge opportunity to expand and grow within the organisation for the right candidate.
- The main focus of the position is to ensure the accurate production of management accounts and submitting P&L and balance sheet for relevant business areas.
- You will be responsible for producing robust forecasts and budgets and building strong relationships across the business.
- One thing the current FD can promise with this role is variety, so in addition to this she is looking for someone who can help him to implement improvements and efficiencies across all of their processes.
- You will be exposed to projects at a very senior level, so with this in mind you will need to be technically strong with the ability to take the lead. Alongside this, you will be managing, developing and recruiting for the Team as it grows.
- You will also oversee compliance including Payroll, VAT and other taxes.
- Additionally you will have excellent communication skills, be a real self-starter capable of working as part of a small team and combine both technical and commercial finance skills.
Jobs you may have applied for may include Group Accountant, Finance Manager, Financial Controller, Divisional finance manager, Financial reporting manager, Group Finance Manager.