£40000 - £50000 per annum + £40000 - £50000 + Pension, benefits
3 months ago
Cherry professional are recruiting for a market leading company in Alfreton who are seeking a Financial accountant to join their Finance team.
The company are easily accessible from the M1 motorway and are accessible from Sheffield, Nottingham and Derby.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference and impact within the organisation with improvements and projects around financial processes and internal controls ensuring that reporting, accounting and tax obligations across the company are complied with in accordance with local requirements and Group policies.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly consolidated accounts
- Preparation of annual audited financial statements
- Preparation of annual group budget, working closely with the Group Finance Director and other stakeholders within the Group
- Business partnering with these key stakeholders to ensure that any changes have the 'buy in' of key operational people.
- Management of a small Finance team.
- Assist in the management of Acquisitions and divestments
- Preparation of reports for Group and Divisional directors as required
- Ad-hoc assignments
The successful candidate will be:
- A Qualified accountant - ACA , ACCA, CIMA
- Technically strong in areas such as financial reporting, accounting, audit and tax
- Able to demonstrate a keen eye for detail
- Able to demonstrate excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and hit deadlines
- Able to demonstrate strong IT skills (preferable advanced Excel skills)
- Previous experience of communicating and liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of reporting under UK GAAP.