£42000 - £45000 per annum
0115 922 2240
25 days ago
Financial Accountant | Derbyshire | Offering up to £45,000 + 10% Bonus + Private Healthcare + Life Assurance + 7% Pension
We are currently supporting an iconic Derby based business with global reach and an innovative product portfolio in their search for a Financial Accountant.
The business has seen some serious growth in the past 3 years (even with multiple Lockdowns), this has been achieved mostly through introducing new products to the market as well as completing on several key acquisitions in the UK.
You will have full financial reporting responsibility and will partner with the Head of Finance to help them grow the Finance team and oversee the finances for their global operations. This will include maintaining relationships with the Senior Leadership Team, alongside business partnering with the development teams and commercial operations to drive efficiencies. Budgeting, forecasting, statutory and management reporting make up this well-rounded Financial Accountant role.
The role will provide you with the opportunity to use and sharpen your technical accounting skills within a collaborative environment and will therefore provide a strong platform for further career growth. This is a great stepping stone into a business with clear progression routes to Financial Controller, Senior Finance Business Partner or Senior FP&A roles. Key duties will include:
- Ownership of the month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting processes
- Improving and maintaining strong financial controls
- Take ownership of developing a team of 2 Part Qualified Assistant Accountants
- Oversee preparation of monthly consolidated management accounts and other analysis
- Identifying and implementing process and control improvements
- Budgeting and Forecasting
The ideal candidate will combine formal accounting qualifications (ACA, ACCA) with a demonstrable track record within a technically focused accounting role in a large corporate entity, or as a first/second mover from a top 10 practice.
- Offering up to £45,000 + 10% Bonus + Private Healthcare + Life Assurance + 7% Pension
- Flexible working - home & office based
- Looking to create a really strong high-performance team that is renowned for producing high-quality work
- Great role with a hiring manager who has bags of enthusiasm, energy & ambition
Roles you may have applied for: Group Finance Manager, Financial Reporting Manager, Financial Accounting Manager, Group Financial Accountant.