£38000 - £40000 per annum
26 days ago
temp to perm
Financial Accountant | Nottingham | £38,000 to £40,000
Are you an immediately available qualified Financial Accountant looking to start a new role as soon as possible?
Our client, based in Nottingham, is looking for a technical accountant to join them on a temp to perm basis. Initially for 3 months, your role will then become permanent after successful completion of the assignment.
What you’ll do…
- Ownership of a number of balance sheet reconciliations, including fixed assets, goodwill, bank accounts, petty cash, accruals, prepayments, deferred income, warranty accruals and various payroll related codes. Ensuring that other team members have completed their balance sheet reconciliations and reporting any issues to the Financial Controller.
- Assisting with group reporting and management accounts, providing reasons for cost variances each month and other financial information to be sent to the board.
- Cash management for the company, ensuring that the bank accounts have sufficient cash, drawing down from the facility where necessary and making ad-hoc payments. Posting non-purchase and sales ledger transactions on a daily basis.
- Managing the financing facility, reconciling the daily movements to report to the bank and checking the month end position back.
- Liaising with the auditors, preparing information as requested, chasing other members of the team on their requests and preparation of the statutory accounts. Pulling together the tax pack and posting the tax liability on the system.
- Weekly reporting to the services department of their results and forecasted results, preparing monthly canteen results, along with other requested reports (cost analysis, employee cost analysis).
- Improving existing spreadsheets and workings to reduce manual input and increase audit trail.
- Reviewing other team member’s work, querying any discrepancies to the process in place, any differences in calculations and reporting findings back to the Financial Controller along with solutions.
What you’ll need…
- Qualified Accountant - ACCA/ACA
- Preferably a practice background
- Advanced Excel.
- Good systems experience
What’s on offer…
- £38,000-£40,000 salary
- Succession plan to become a Financial Controller in the business
This role will suit a self-starter and someone who is driven to succeed and ideally you will be immediately available or available at short notice to start the contract.
Jobs you may have applied for; Financial Accountant, Group Accountant, Financial Reporting Manager
Due to Covid-19 please expect increased waiting times with all applications