£43000 per annum
27 days ago
Cherry Professional are partnering with one of the East Midland’s top Financial Services businesses who are looking for a Financial Accountant on a permanent basis. Are you an ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified accountant with a technical finance background and a keen eye for detail? Do you have experience of leading end to end account preparation? Do you like the idea of being a key player in the finance team, where you will have great exposure to senior stakeholders including board?
If so, this could be a fantastic opportunity for you…
This is a great opportunity to work for a forward-thinking, value led organisation, who support hybrid working and offer a fantastic range of benefits. The organisation really values their employees and as a result have created an inclusive culture that has a true family feel to it.
The position will suit a qualified accountant who can demonstrate an eye for detail, technical competence and the drive to take ownership of their role. The business has robust growth plans and the role will grow and evolve over time.
What you’ll be doing….
- Assist the FC with the preparation of the statutory accountants, including liaising with the external auditors and tax specialists.
- Take ownership of the companies reporting standard (FRS102) models. You will assess and make improvements to always ensure operating model best practice.
- Take ownership of the hedge accounting in line with reporting standards to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- To support with the production of monthly financial reporting including preparation of board packs.
- Support the FC with the operational delivery of financial outputs.
- Review balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Support and assist the assistant accountant in the production and review of the monthly management accounts.
What you’ll need….
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Preparation of financial accounts. Experience with FRS102 isn’t essential but the willingness to learn is.
- Previous experience operating in an effective financial control environment.
- Strong Excel knowledge
- Proficient using both financial and IT systems.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and report writing.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- A team player who is equally capable of working alone or as part of a team.
Jobs you may have applied for: Financial Accountant, Senior Financial Accountant, Principal Financial Accountant, Reporting Accountant, Accountant and Senior Accountant.
This job is commutable from Nottingham, Mansfield, Newark, Chesterfield, Derby and Worksop.
Cherry Professional are recruiting this role on behalf of the client.