£42000 - £48000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Finance Operations Accountant | Retail | Leicester | Salary £42,000 - £48,000 benefits + flexible working
Cherry Professional are delighted to be supporting one of Leicester's iconic brands in their search for finance talent with an all-round technical and commercial skill-set covering Budgeting, Forecasting, P&L, Variance Analysis and Project Analysis).
The client has changed a lot over the years but has always seemed able to stay ahead one step ahead of the market. They have led the way in terms of innovation, digital and supply chain meaning you would be joining a dynamic, agile and high growth organisation.
They have also changed their ways of working and easily adapted to flexible working following the outbreak of Covid-19. They have seen the benefits and will retain a flexible approach to working moving forward.
However when you are in the office it is one of the most desirable office spaces in the Leicester region and is the envy of many. You might find yourself wanting to work in the office more than usual!
- You will need a mixture of solid financial and management accounting skills, coupled with financial analysis to maintain core financial controls, support key stakeholders and business initiatives.
- You are ideally someone who thinks about the impact on the customer and wider business. A person that above all, values the need for procedure, control and auditability.
What will the role cover?
- Budgeting and forecasting both P&L and Balance Sheet impacts
- Responsible for the investigation into both P&L and Balance Sheet variances
- Support project delivery and post implementation analysis
- Ensure all Debtor and Cash movements are correctly accounted for
- Maintain control over VAT records and routinely review in light of new projects
- Identification and evaluation of FX charges
- Liaison with external auditors to ensure a smooth and efficient audit process
- Provide Ad Hoc analysis as required to support business initiatives or payment incident resolution
- Mentor and support a part qualified accountant and our extended team in abroad
What do you need?
- A pro-active and hands on Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with proven experience in a large company, working cross functionally with proven ability to deliver to strict deadlines
- The ability to work productively, efficiently and effectively, maintaining attention to detail and quality
- Excellent planning & organisation skills
- Demonstrates self motivation and the ability to work on your own initiative and is confident in making decisions
- Excellent written and verbal skills, coupled with the ability to comfortably present to all levels
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- The willingness to learn, improve and adapt to changing business needs
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to think outside the box
- Exceptional working knowledge of MS Office (esp. MS Excel) suite of products, Google Gsuite is desirable
- SQL & Microsoft SSMS is experience is desirable
- The role comes with a high attractive benefits package including a bonus.
- What do you think? If interested please click apply now and we will be in touch!
The role is commutable from Leicester, Coventry, Derby, Nottingham and Northampton