£65000 - £75000 per annum
7 months ago
Exclusive to Cherry | Finance Director | Derby
Experienced SME FD looking for Flexibility? Or are you looking for your first ever FD assignment?
You'll be the number one in finance for this £10m turnover business reporting directly into the MD, currently the finance team sits at 4 people but this is likely to grow in the coming months.
The business has enjoyed 25% YOY growth for the past 4 years and with expected growth of 50% over the next 2 years this is the ideal time for an ambitious FD to join. The MD is now looking for someone that can help with funding and ultimately deliver an exit in the near future.
As someone who has a natural curiosity and mind for delving beyond the figures and who seeks to continually assess and improve the processes and procedures, you will be a starter-finisher and know how to get the best from your team. Your relationship development skills will be strong and your desire to succeed in a demanding No. 1 finance role will be high.
As a business our client is dedicated to organic progression and fosters a supportive environment to drive personal achievement and development. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone ambitious who is looking to develop quickly within an agile owner managed business.
You will demonstrate the qualities of a leader that encourages team cohesion and be at your best working towards a common goal. You will be someone who likes to stay close to the figures and who understands the importance of an efficient and effective ERP system.
- Play an active role as a senior manager within the business helping design and deliver strategy
- Lead on and own the delivery of annual budgets, MI, internal controls and any other financial matters that effect the business
- Ensures the company's financial systems, processes and procedures are compliant with legislation, are robust and ensures future proofing.
- Lead on reporting to ensure timescales and targets are met
- Work closely with the MD and other senior stakeholders to ensure the business hits its strategic, commercial and financial milestones
- Relationship management around the Group's banking facilities
- Corporate Funding process to support the high growth of the company
- Ensure completion of statutory reporting, compliance and annual accounts
- Oversee and manage annual audit process
- Qualified with a minimum 5 years post qualification experience - ACCA/CIMA/ACA
- Experience of working within a similar type of role in a SME
- Demonstrable financial modelling and forecasting skills
- Proven experience of managing and developing a finance team
- PE house experience
What's on offer…
- Salary, £60,000 - £75,000 per annum depending on experience
- Car Allowance
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- 25 days annual leave
- Car parking
Jobs you may have applied for may include Financial Controller, Finance Director, Group Financial Controller, Head of Finance.
Cherry Professional are recruiting this role on behalf of the client.