£60000 - £65000 per annum
0115 922 2240
16 days ago
You'll be reporting directly into an incredibly passionate and articulate MD who has an infectious enthusiasm and genuinely cares about staff wellbeing & development.
There's a wider team of 8 in Nottingham which has more of a start-up feel, absolutely no big egos, you'd be working with a very genuine and down to earth team.
As the sole financially qualified member of staff in Nottingham, this position involves a broad spectrum of operational responsibilities and requires a wide range of knowledge and experience. It also requires an 'all hands to the pump' and 'no job is beneath you attitude' borne of experience of working in SMEs.
The Finance Business Partner will work closely with the MD to help drive business performance and provide improved business finance support. The Finance Business Partner role requires a confident and charismatic individual who is able to quickly get "under the skin" of what is happening within the business and have a direct impact / influence on future results.
The successful applicant will be heavily involved in strategy and performance across multiple departments, working directly with stakeholders to help deliver value-adding and commercially focussed support designed to help grow the business.
This is a great opportunity to work closely with the current MD and carry out a pivotal role providing the Leadership Team with key information to influence strategic decisions and assist the continued growth of this successful business.
They are offering up to £65,000 basic + 10% Bonus + 9% Pension + Healthcare + Opportunity to work from home 2-3 days a week - Further benefits
A variety of business improvement initiatives are either live or planned and the Finance Business Partner will be actively involved in each of them.
- Playing a key role in vision and strategy sessions; using financial data to inform and influence decision-making including the creation of flexible business models to help assess new opportunities.- Supporting the MD in the exploration of new business development strategies, opportunities and decisions.
- Ensuring that internal monthly management reporting and reforecasting is timely, relevant and focused.
- Creating and implementing a financial and structural business plan for the next 1, 2 and 5 years
- Taking ownership for the improvement of current processes and the development and implementation of new processes, systems and reporting
- Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) with strong relevant senior management experience
- Advanced excel skills - Pivot tables, Vlookup formula, Modelling etc
- Demonstrable track record with continuous improvement activity including, as an example; Identifying areas for system and process improvements and implementing robust solutions
- Significant experience with financial analysis and reporting on KPI's
- Proven experience of working closely with a Managing Director or CEO of an SME, and being involved in strategic decision-making
Jobs you may have applied for include Finance Business Partner, Commercial Finance Manager, Senior Business analyst.
Cherry Professional are recruiting this role on behalf of the client