£40000 - £45000 per annum
0115 922 2240
18 days ago
Finance & Admin Manager | Central Nottingham | Offering between £40,000 - £45,000 + Benefits.
Exciting opportunity to join a growing international SME based in Nottingham City Centre who are seeking an ACCA / CIMA / ACA or qualified by experience Finance & Admin Manager.
- £30 Million Turnover Group
- Number one in Finance for their Nottingham Subsidiary, part of a larger International Group with operations in Europe and Hong Kong
- Opportunity to lead a small team (3 in total)
- Flexible working, core hours are 9:30-4 with the opportunity to flex those
- Strong financial position, the Group has never recorded a loss
You will work closely with the Group FD, ensuring timely completion of the monthly reporting pack. In addition to the traditional month-end duties (such as accruals, budget vs actual, reporting, analysis etc) there will be the opportunity for the Finance & Admin Manager to become heavily involved in systems development/process improvement projects.
As the sole financially qualified member of staff this position involves a broad spectrum of operational responsibilities and requires a wide range of knowledge and experience. It also requires an 'all hands to the pump' and 'no job is beneath you attitude' borne of experience of working in SME’s. This will include managing payroll, pensions, VAT, purchase invoices, audit, cash & credit cards etc. Anyone applying for this position needs to have the confidence and experience to operate alone, back their own judgement and the ability to maintain financial discipline within the Company.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience of system and process improvements
- Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA or Qualified by experience
- Able to work independently with strong time management skills
- Experience of helping drive change across a business
- Hands on accounts experience in an SME or a group of businesses with a turnover in excess of £10m.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to forge strong internal working relationships
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
Jobs you may have applied for may include Company Accountant, Financial Controller, Finance Manager, Commercial Accountant.
Cherry Professional are recruiting this role on behalf of the client.