£25000 - £35000 per annum
20 days ago
Finance Analyst | Salary £25,000 - £35,000 | Leicestershire
As a Finance Analyst, you'll provide financial insight to drive the business forward during a period of positive change contributing to the clients ambitious growth plans.
As a proactive analyst generally be involved with reviewing and reporting on individual business areas, being able to articulate effectively with both finance and non-finance colleagues. Naturally curious and analytical you'll make recommendations and provide insight to support commercial decision making. This is an exciting role as it provides the opportunity to work closely with senior stakeholders across the business acting as a trusted business partner.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Creation and ongoing maintenance of a suite of reporting tools required for the day to day operational management of the business and board meetings
- Development and ongoing maintenance of robust, accurate financial models to provide effective forecasting and customer insight
- Ownership of the company budgeting process, including the development of robust budget models, processes and timetables, the management of input to the models, and the ultimate creation of an agreed annual budget.
- Liaising with commercial finance in optimising and developing the monthly management accounts to ensure relevance of information, and consistency with other regular reporting.
- Perform analysis, carry out enquiries with other departments, and reach conclusions to explain all areas of the financial performance of the business on an ongoing basis
- Provide input into the development of financial and support systems to ensure all reporting and decision support requirements of the business are met.
- Working on key projects across the business on an ad-hoc basis
A great opportunity to showcase your finance modelling skills, analytical expertise, alongside a continuous improvement mind-set and forward/creative thinking.
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, AAT) or PQ
- Previous experience of commercial financial support and analysis covering all areas of profit and loss and balance sheet.
- Advanced Excel skills, sufficient to produce and maintain sophisticated forecasting models.
- Good commercial acumen.
- Good IT skills, including database manipulation
Other roles you might have applied for: Finance Analyst, Assistant Accountant, Finance Assistant, Accountant, Data Analyst, Senior Analyst.