12 months ago
CREDIT CONTROLLER - DERBY
We are seeking a Credit Controller in the Derby area for a progressive and innovative organisation.
- Build a relationship with designated customers to prevent overdue debt
- Produce aged debt report with comments and distribute to management.
- Print off bank statements, allocate cash, identify cash due to other divisions of Synergy in preparation for weekly transfer.
- Reconcile bank statement to sales ledger and nominal ledger.
- Work with operations and sales managers to reduce debt.
- Reconcile sales ledger to the nominal ledger on a monthly basis, ensuring all batches are correctly posted.
- Assist in the weekly cash flow forecast for treasury and senior managers, reconcile back to cash received on a weekly basis.
- Produce, check and distribute customer statements.
- Raise chase letters as appropriate to agreed policy
- Undertake credit checks for new customers and give results to business and finance director.
- Raise invoices on a monthly basis in accordance with customer contracts.
- Ensure that all queries are dealt with in a timely manner and escalated where necessary.
- Work with the business to improve customer processes to remove queries going forward.
- Identify where credits are required and request from the admin team.
- Work efficiently with others within the team on a daily basis
- Ensure that you have a full understanding of each area within the department
- Be willing to cover other areas as required.
- Undertake any reasonable requests from your manager
- Highlight to your manager where you have any training needs
- Be open to change and improvements in the systems and processes used
- Provide any information that is requested from Finance and Operational Management in a timely manner
- Be aware of the responsibilities placed on them under the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) to ensure that the agreed health and safety training shall be mandatory for all members of staff.
Competency in software packages, to include excel and word to intermediate level, with the ability to download files from accounts systems and attach to emails.
Credit control experience, efficient telephone manner and proven experience of dealing with customers.
- Ability to escalate overdue debt to final reminder and litigation stage.
- Posting cash accurately and account reconciliation
- Educated to a good general standard.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Good communicator.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Team worker.
- Good attention to detail.
- An understanding of book-keeping, to include double entry, n/l journals, and reconciliation of sales ledger balance sheet accounts.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Likes problem solving
- Car driver
Jobs you may have applied for include; Credit Control Clerk, Credit Control Administrator and Debt Recovery Advisor
Cherry Professional are recruiting this role on behalf of the Client.