£29000.00 - £34000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Are you an experienced Accountant - either QBE or experienced Part-qualified - and looking to join a growing, friendly and creative organisation? Join this thriving business based in Staffordshire.
This an innovative business with a client base in the UK, and overseas - working with a broad portfolio, from global to small businesses - ranging from energy, construction, sports and leisure and utilities, this business is at an exciting point in its development.
Taking great pride in their quality of services, they endeavour to be the best in their field and to go above and beyond client expectation
You will be joining an extremely professional, focused, responsive and convivial team.
As Accountant you will be responsible for the finance for the current business, as well as helping establish a new business venture.
Main tasks and responsibilities
-Managing the Accounts Department, including overseeing all transactions, including reconciliation
- Working with the external Accountants, controlling all financial records and data accurately, and ensuring all required statutory deadlines are met, including preparation of year-end accounts
- Ensuring all new clients are set up on system correctl
- Preparation of VAT return
- Setting up of financial and project management systems, processes and strategies for existing and new business, archiving where necessary, and managing ongoing development of the Accounts tea
- Contributing to business plans and strategy in genera
- Various business and administrative tasks
You will be AAT Qualified / part-qualified or equivalent, and ideally ACCA/ CIMA part-qualified or QBE, with a proven track record in managing accounts for a SME.
With hands-on experience, you will be a natural problem solver, adept at working to deadlines, proactive, be able to prioritise your own work and you are highly self-motivated.
This role is ideal for someone who is an excellent communicator, and feels comfortable when liaising with both Finance and Non-finance personnel at all levels
Excellent attention to detail organisation and analytical skills, and strong IT skills -experience in use of Xero would be an advantage.
This role has superb potential for personal development and career progression to Senior Management of the business.
This role is commutable from Ashbourne, Leek, Uttoxeter, Blythe Bridge, Cheadle