City of London, London
£65000 - £80000.00 per annum
6 months ago
Cherry Professional are working with a leading organisation, based in Central London, to recruit a value adding Commercial Finance Manager role. In this newly created position and reporting directly to the Finance Director, the Commercial Finance Manager for Proecjts will play a key part in broadening Finance's role within a particular division and market.
You will act as a key business partner with high visibility and the role will involve building relationships with all Senior Managers.
This is a very diverse role and would suit an individual looking to gain broad experience in a commercial environment. The role includes significant exposure to the FD, COO and CEO and allows opportunities for future progression and development. We are looking for a driven individual who wants to develop themselves and their career in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
This successful candidate has a tremendous opportunity to have an influential role across all elements of the business, and the ability to positively impact performance as the business moves through an exciting redesign of its product and strategy over the coming 12-24 months.
- Partnering with the business leaders to help them understand their revenue and cost drivers and pro-actively drive and implement business optimisation and efficiencies, providing insight into product revenue and product margins.
- Provide effective financial support to the Retail IT Leadership team and the Transformation and change teams through designing, building, coordinating and consolidating all forecasting, initiative tracking, and reporting required
- Develop investment appraisals, commercial analysis and scenario modelling and benefits tracking, ensuring financial returns are maximised and appropriate risk levels are balanced.
- Design, develop and deliver a framework of inter-active planning, monitoring and reporting systems which ensure that performance is accurately measured, early indication of variations from plans is given and that appropriate management action is prompted.
- Providing decision support through analysis and investment appraisals, evaluating capital and revenue expenditure proposals to ensure full value is gained from any investment and risks mitigated
- Challenge and support the wider business to ensure it has an effective and understood annual business plan with clear assumptions and drivers, backed up with high quality analysis
- Working with line managers to ensure robust control of costs / budgets
- People management and coaching skills, alongside excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
- Presence, gravitas and ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Excellent analytical, financial modelling and problem solving skills
- Strong drive to understand the commercial drivers of a business
- A qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with demonstrable post-qualified experience
- Great second or third move from Audit/Practice into commercial finance
- Good understanding of project accounting/financial/management accounting principles
- Up to £80,000 basic
- Up to 30% Bonus
- 33 Days Holiday
- Life Assurance
- 5% Matched Pension
- Flexible working
Jobs you may have applied for may include Financial Controller, Commercial Finance Manager, Senior Finance Business Partner, Head of Finance.
Cherry Professional are recruiting this role on behalf of the client.