£50000 - £55000 per annum
0115 922 2240
20 days ago
Commercial Accountant | Exclusive to Cherry | Nottingham
A fantastic opportunity has arisen with an established Nottingham based SME to act as a business partner to senior Finance/transformation/operational stakeholders.
As Commercial Accountant, you will be working in partnership with a number of project teams as well as other Finance and business stakeholders to advance the Commercial Finance function as it expands into new lines of business, developing Financial Reporting, modelling, forecasting, and driving insight to enable better strategic decisions.
The successful candidate will be a key player in this team, reporting to the Finance & IT Director and providing support across a number of different areas, working closely with Operations, Business Development and Marketing.
They are offering up to £55,000 basic + Up to 7.5% Bonus + 8% Pension + 34 Days Holiday + Further benefits
A variety of business improvement initiatives are either live or planned and the Commercial Accountant will be actively involved in each of them including a migration to a major ERP (SAP), support the implementation of a business intelligence tool and dashboard reports as well as writing and maintaining a financial strategy.
- Drive awareness, accountability and responsibility of key P&L drivers into appropriate functions and departments
- Develop and identify business needs analytics, and leveraging standard data and tools to deliver innovative analytical solutions
- Identify opportunities to improve processes, procedures and products through financial analysis, and make recommendations
- As Business Partner to finance & operations, create a culture of cost & risk focus and develop management Information and KPI’s to provide insight and aid decision making
- Develop, monitor and challenge KPI's in order to drive performance/efficiency
- Support the implementation of a business intelligence tool and dashboard reports
- Drive delivery of the strategy and keep on top of trends to amend business goals as and when required
- Support ad-hoc data and reporting requests
- Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA)
- Advanced excel skills - Pivot tables, VLOOKUP formula, Modelling etc
- Demonstrable track record with continuous improvement activity including, as an example; Identifying areas for system and process improvements and implementing robust solutions
- Significant experience with financial analysis and reporting on KPI's
- Experience working within a Retail Finance / FMCG / Manufacturing / Supply Chain environment
- Involvement or interest in driving efficiency in financial reporting through advanced modelling or use of BI tools
- Strong ability to produce analysis and communicate your findings convincingly to a varied audience in order to drive improved results / process / behaviour
What's on offer...
- Company bonus based on profit, turnover and a qualitative target linked to cultural values - 7.5% (consistently paid out)
- Pension 8% Employer - 2% Employee
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + 1 additional Day off for Birthday
- Free parking / Fruit / Tea & Coffee
- Company laptop and mobile phone for this role
- Flexible hours
Jobs you may have applied for include Finance Business Partner, Commercial Accountant, Finance Analyst, Finance Manager, Business analyst.
Cherry Professional are recruiting this role on behalf of the client
Due to Covid-19 please expect increased waiting times with all applications