Cherry Professional are pleased to be working with a well-established, high quality trust who are looking to employ a Business and Operations Manager. The role is responsible for ensuring services are effective, efficient and in line with probity and governance requirements. It is also the main link between the different central service’s operational teams and the business.
- Have strategic oversight in the planning, management and day to day delivery of business and back office services, functions and systems.
- Working directly with Trust Central Services departments to ensure that Trust policies, procedures and operating standards are delivered.
- Assume day to day responsibility of the financial affairs advising the CFO or Trust Finance Lead and Governors on finance and policy as required.
- Ensure that the Financial Scheme of Delegation is adhered to in every aspect of the financial operations.
- Establishing a system to ensure Return to Work Interviews are conducted on the first day the employee returns from sickness.
- Arranging/Conducting Sickness Attendance Review Meetings when employees hit attendance triggers.
- Lead on local procurement, value for money and contract management in conjunction with the Trust Central Estates and Finance Teams.
- Ensure that all building and remedial works and service contracts above the value described in the Financial Scheme of Delegation have Central approval before contracting.
- Ensure effective administrative support to the governing body and its committees including the minuting of meetings.
- Ensure appropriate advice to the governing body on governance, constitutional and procedural matters.
- Recognised management/business degree or equivalent related professional qualification.
- Significant experience at a senior level within Finance, HR or Facilities Management.
- Good working knowledge of relevant polices, codes of practice and legislation.
- Financial management experience.
- Experience of managing a range of clerical and administrative functions.
- Experience of managing a large team.
- Ability to persuade, motivate, negotiate and influence.
You may have also applied for: Business Manager, Operations Manager, Director.