£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
5 months ago
BOARD SECRETARY - PERMANENT - PART TIME - SALARY £30K - £40K
Cherry Professional currently have a fantastic opportunity for a part time Board Secretary to join their prestigious client. Your role will be to provide governance and coordination to the Board & Executive and the Partnership Committee.
As Board Secretary you will be highly organised and able to prioritise your workload without supervision. You will be a confident self-starter with good intellect and be able to contribute on complex and wide ranging organisational matters.
You will be responsible for the effective delivery of all meetings, including:
- Preparing meeting agendas
- Collating and preparing papers, including coordinating the preparation of papers, providing advice on paper content and format, reviewing drafts and issuing papers
- Ensuring chair has all information in a timely manner, preparing briefing notes as appropriate
- Producing accurate and timely minutes of meetings
- Tracking and following up actions raised at meetings
- To make appropriate arrangements to support all meetings including room bookings and catering arrangements
- To establish the annual programme of business and meetings, ensuring effective integration with equity meetings
- To maintain all meeting records and minutes, setting up a search facility that will allow easy and timely access to previous decisions and papers
- Maintain full Board, Executive and Partnership Committee membership lists ensuring timely notification of planned membership changes to chairs and coordinating member appointments and induction
- To prepare Executive papers on behalf of the Chair for presentation/reporting to Board
- To prepare Partnership Committee papers on behalf of the Chair for presentation/reporting to either the Executive or occasionally to the Board
- To prepare summary of proceedings/ annual report for the attention of Board and Executive chairs respectively for reporting to equity meetings.
- To prepare summary of proceedings on behalf of the Chair of the Partnership Committee for the attention of the Executive.
- To ensure that meetings and the work of the committees adhere to the governance principles and protocols of the Board and the Executive
- To identify and introduce improvements to governance processes
This is a part time position (2-3 days per week), all working patterns and locations will be considered and even working from home.
You will have previous experience working with Senior Committee/Boards.
Cherry Professional are advertising this role on behalf of the client