£26000 - £32000 per annum
7 months ago
Assistant Management Accountant - Nottingham
Are you an experienced Assistant Management Accountant - 6 month fixed term contract, with potential temp to perm
Join this small, friendly finance team, working with a progressive manufacturing business.
Initially the post is offered as a 6 month fixed term contract, with a view to a potential permanent opportunity.
Responsibilities of Assistant Management Accountant
Reporting to the Company Accountant
- Financial reporting - daily, weekly and monthly
- Action and chase overdue invoices for all customers, meeting cash and debtor day targets
- Analysis of financial information and reporting this to internal customer
- Provision of concise and accurate financial data to the Finance and Business - working to deadline
- Working capital levels - analysis and revie
- Allocation of remittances, update of cashbook and reconciliation of bank accounts
- Account reconciliations
- Working with your manager to ensure business goals and objectives are communicated, and company policies and procedures are implemented.
- Regularly involved in working closely with Non-finance and Finance - effectively acting in a Business Partner capacity; contributing to reviews of business process and procedures.
You will be an Assistant Accountant with a good foundation of finance skills to build upon including experience and understanding of double-entry, with strong business acumen.
You will have professional Accountancy qualification / degree, be part-qualified (CIMA or ACCA) or QBE, with proven track record of experience in a manufacturing environment with UK GAAP / IFRS.
You will be adept at prioritising your work; be efficient and effective in managing your own time; have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You will be computer literate with strong Excel skills and knowledge of working of ERP systems
Other jobs you may have applied for: Assistant Accountant; Asssitant Management Accountant ; Accountant
Commutable from: Nottingham; Bingham; Newark; Lincoln; Mansfield; Sleaford