£30000 - £35000 per annum
2 months ago
Are you an experienced Assistant Accountant - looking for a challenging assignment?
This is an immediate opportunity with a growing manufacturing business in Newark, where you will be focusing on management accounts and financial analysis, initially concentrating on accounts receivable.
You will be regularly involved in working closely with Non-finance and Finance - effectively acting in a Business Partner capacity; contributing to reviews of business process and procedures.
Responsibilities of Assistant Accountant
- Reporting to the Company Accountant
- Financial reporting - daily, weekly and monthly
- Analysis of financial information and reporting this to internal customers
- provision of concise and accurate financial data to the Finance and Business - working to deadlines
- Working capital levels - analysis and review
- Action and chase overdue invoices for all customers, meeting cash and debtor day targets
- Allocation of remittances, update of cashbook and reconciliation of bank accounts
- Account reconciliations
- Working with your manager to ensure business goals and objectives are communicated, and company policies and procedures are implemented.
You will be an experienced Accountant with a broad spectrum of knowledge with in-depth financial understanding and strong business acumen.
You will have professional Accountancy qualification / degree, be part-qualified (CIMA or ACCA) or QBE, with proven track record of experience in a manufacturing environment with UK GAAP / IFRS.
You will be adept at prioritising your work; delegating effectively, where necessary; have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You will be computer literate with advanced Excel skills and knowledge of working of ERP systems
This is an initial 6 month assignment, with potential to go permanent in the future.
Other jobs you may have applied for: Assistant Accountant ; Management Accountant
Commutable from: Nottingham; Bingham; Newark; Lincoln; Mansfield; Sleaford