Up to £18000.00 per annum
5 months ago
Assistant Accountant - Leicester - Cherry Professional
Are you an aspiring AAT studier, looking to grow with one of the best companies in the UK to work for? Looking to progress professionally and in your financial knowledge? Cherry Professional are excited to be helping recruit an Assistant Accountant for one of the best known companies in central Leicester.
Reporting to the Group Accountant the role will involve the following responsibilities;
- Posting purchase ledger invoices
- Reconciliation of supplier statements to our ledgers
- Ensure invoices under query are followed up and resolved by the individual responsible
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly supplier payment run and set up ad-hoc items for payment as required
- Finance commission reconciliations
- Cost analysis and reconciliations
- Assisting with month end accounts production
The core of the role will revolve around Purchase Ledger functionality, as this is the best role for learning the business. It's also a good barometer for testing consistency / accuracy of work. In addition to this, you will need to perform various cost analysis and reconciliation work. Hence, an existing knowledge of the Purchase Ledger together with basic Excel skills would be ideal.
The Ideal Candidate:
- AAT studier / qualified
- Adept Excel skills
- Purchase Ledger experience
- Desire to learn
- Comfortable in a corporate environment / Professional
- Short term - able to carry out the immediate role responsibilities
- Long term - able to show desire for growth within the company
- Strong work ethic / High aptitude
Cherry Professional are recruiting this role on behalf of the client.
Other role you may have applied for are Accounts Assistant, Assistant Accountant, Purchase Ledger, Assistant Management Accountant, Analyst, Finance Assistant, Assistant Financial Accountant.
This is commutable from Nottingham, Leicester, Derby, Lincoln and Derby.