£20000 - £25000 per annum
12 months ago
Assistant Accountant | SME Organisation | Loughborough |Salary £20,000 - £25,000
Are you a recent Finance Graduate looking to progress your career in Accounting?
Do you have all of the theory and knowledge but are keen to develop your practical experience?
Perhaps you are in a similar role at the moment and looking to gain wider ownership, study support and be part of a high performing team?
I am currently working on an Assistant Accountant role in an SME environment sat in a finance team of around 8. You will therefore get involved in the full suite of accounting duties with support from above in relation to the more senior activities. You will be surrounded by a team of high performing individuals who are hungry to learn and develop. You will report into a friendly, approachable and supportive manager under a very strong and people focussed FD.
What sort of things can I expect to be doing?
- Assist in the timely and accurate preparation and production of monthly management accounts.
- Processing journals and undertaking balance sheet reconciliations, including bank reconciliations.
- Providing control and adherence to the purchase and sales invoice process.
- Provide support for Internal and External Audit.
- Preparing VAT submissions for review.
- Providing analysis and understanding of the key trends, risks and opportunities within the Group.
- Ability to identify and improve processes, improving control and efficiencies.
What do I need to be considered?
- Recent Graduate within a relevant Finance / Business Discipline
- + 6 months experience in an accounting function
- Part Qualified Accountant (AAT, ACCA, CIMA) or active studier would be beneficial
- Organised and proactive approach to workload
- Effective communicator with ability to work as part of a team
Sound like you? If so please click apply or get in touch for more details.