£22000 - £25000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Assistant Accountant - Derby - £22000 - £25000 per annum
Are you an Assistant Accountant looking for a new challenge ?
Join this growing family managed business where you will be part of a developing finance team.
As Assistant Accountant you will be be someone with a strong numerical understanding with the ability to tackle tasks with an analytical and logical approach.
Excellent attention to detail with a proactive attitude is a pre-requisite.
As Assistant Accountant you will report to the Company Accountant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Import of Purchase Invoices
- Investigation of Purchase Queries
- Bank Reconciliations
- Operation of PayPal Accounts
- Accurate statement reconciliations to be produced every month end, with any variances to be flagged immediately
- Ensuring the Purchase Ledger control account is clear at month end
- Analytical support to Company Accountant
- Responsibility for the Accruals and Prepayments balance sheets
- Posting of standard monthly journals
- Management of month end Tax pack
- Preparation of data for payroll purposes - this may include overtime data
- Effective communication with both internal and external stakeholders
- Management of timesheet reporting process
Skills and experience
Ideally you will be part-qualified, but the key requirement is good understanding of accounts processes essential, based on a proven track record of work experience in a Finance team.
You will have strong Excel skills and be able to use to Pivot table level, also the manipulation of CSV files.
SagePay and Paypal experience an advantage, plus an understanding of website sales processes
You will be a team player, have a "can do" attitude and be able to multitask and work to deadlines.
Other jobs you may have applied to - Junior Accountant ; Assistant Accountant ; Accounts Assistant ; Part-qualified Accountant
Locations you are considering;
Derby ; Castle Donington ; Ilkeston; Stapleford