£16500 - £19000 per annum
8 months ago
Accounts Assistant - Nottingham - £16500 - £19000
We are seeking an enthusiastic Accounts Assistant to support a Finance Team based in Nottingham. You will work closely with Credit Control and Accounts Payable Team reporting directly to Group Management Accountant.
Self-motivation and good attitude to work are just as important as experience for this role. Full training will be given, and study support offered to the right candidate. This is a great opportunity to develop your strengths and give you confidence to take on more responsibility. This is a great alternative to apprenticeship and excellent opportunity for a candidate determined to pursue career in Finance.
- Administration of direct debit collection process from customers
- Allocating bank payments to customer accounts
- Dealing with customers over the phone regarding payment allocation or direct debit collection queries
- Looking after a number of supplier accounts. This will involve processing invoices through matching invoices to purchase orders.
- Dealing with supplier queries and reconciling supplier statements.
- You will be expected to take on more responsibilities as the role develops.
- Good Excel Skills
- Self-motivated and confident
- Organised and methodical
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to deal with customers and suppliers over the phone in efficient and friendly manner
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable
Similar roles you may have applied for include: Sales Ledger Assistant, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Credit Controller, Finance Assistant, Finance Administrator.
Cherry Professional are recruiting for this vacancy on behalf of their client.