£22000 - £25000 per annum + PRO RATA
3 months ago
Are you an experienced Accountant with Office Management experience based in North Derbyshire?
Are you looking for a job offering part-time hours, combined with a busy, varied and challenging responsibilities?
This exciting new opportunity is with a growing Construction business.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be managing 2 other people, and interacting with staff across the organisation, at all levels.
Hours: c.24-25 hours a week to be spread over 4/5 days to suit
You will be responsible for the day-to-day bookkeeping in and supervision of the finance function, working closely with other team members to ensure high service levels to both internal and external stake holders and appropriate levels of confidentiality and security.
The Accountant and Office Manager's main responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring CIS returns completed on time and CIS regulations complied with
- Maintaining the company's sales ledger on SAGE: raising invoices, applications for payment, chasing outstanding debts and retentions and proactively resolving queries.
- Recording separate applications and retentions ledgers on spreadsheets to track payments and receipts and aid credit control
- Managing the company's job costing system on SAGE: ensuring purchase invoices are correctly allocated to contracts and providing monthly job cost reports
- Supervising the finance department, whose duties include: processing invoices, performing weekly bank reconciliations and daily posting of cash receipts and payments, preparing supplier payment runs and reconciling supplier statements, preparing weekly payroll and making payroll payments and preparing and submitting monthly VAT returns
- Prepare weekly cash flow forecast and monthly reconciliation of company credit card statement
- Preparing the monthly salary payroll for processing by the external payroll bureau
- Ensuring all personnel and payroll records are maintained in accordance with statutory legislation.
- Assist the Managing Director with personnel management including recruitment and disciplinaries as required
AAT qualified, you You will have experience of working in a construction business - main or subcontractor, with sound knowledge and solid experience of SAGE and the CIS.
You will be honest, trustworthy, ability to work unsupervised and to tight deadlines, with previous accounting experience and have worked within a busy office environment.
You will be confident in communicating with all levels of people, have a logical and proactive approach to the role and work calmly and accurately under pressure - meeting tight deadlines.
You will be a quick learner with the ability to work on your own initiative, with excellent time management, organisational and problem-solving skills.
Other roles you may have applied for: Accountant ; Company Accountant ; Office Manager