Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 0115 9222240
Sector: Administration and Business Professionals
Start Date: 2024-02-08
Consultant: Lee Gibbons
Senior Manufacturing Engineer| Leicester | Salary – £42000 – £50000
Cherry Professional are currently working with a well established and expanding Manufacturing business. You will be responsible for planning and developing the integration of equipment, line controls, station displays, and continuous improvement-related projects
- Support the development, implementation, and operation of Industry 4.0 and IIoT initiatives.
- Drive maturity of the overall plant knowledge of technology, adoption of new technologies, and ensure factories in the regions have the best access to the latest technological thinking and possible solutions.
- Collaborate with other manufacturing departments such as quality, materials, EHS, and facilities to provide innovative solutions
- Lead and provide support for the justification and selection of major capital equipment
- Manage Manufacturing Engineering team to deliver day to day support.
- Short Term – Build CI Foundations – Standard Work, 5S, Visual Management
- Long term – Build a CI/Leam/6 Sigma Culture in Manufacturing
- Exploring and implementing new ways to automate existing production lines.
- Create business case to justify new manufacturing processes and implement on global scale.
- Conduct research, development, and deployment of manufacturing automation technology into global manufacturing facilities.
- Support digital manufacturing initiatives by leading proof of concept (POC) studies and scale them to production levels.
- Apply project management skills (schedule, cost, communications) and coordination of internal and external resources to execute projects in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Solid understanding of data connectivity, within the manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, computer science or similar field
- 10+ years’ experience in manufacturing engineering
- Sometime spend in a design/DFM role
- Lean Practitioner and/or 6 Sigma Black Belt
- Strong analytical skills
- Understanding and functional knowledge of PLC’s, low voltage controls, vision systems. electronic sensors, pneumatics, hydraulics, and robotics
- Experience with pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical systems in automated equipment
- Experience with Factory 4.0 and IIOT applications and integration of AI systems through PLC’s
Cherry Professional are recruiting on behalf of their client
Roles you may have applied for: Manufacturing Engineer, Senior Manufacturing Engineer or Manufacturing Manager