Job Type: Permanent
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 0115 9222240
Sector: Administration and Business Professionals
Start Date: 2024-02-08
Consultant: Lee Gibbons
Handyman| Derby | Salary – £25000 – £30000
Cherry Professional are currently working with a well established and thriving law firm based in the Derby area. They are looking for a Handyman to join their close knit and thriving team. This is a great opportunity to get involved in a variety of duties and develop your skill set.
- Maintain accurate records of all maintenance work carried out.
- Ensure that all work is completed to a high standard and in accordance with health and safety regulations.
- Maintain the external areas of all properties.
- Liaise with service providers, suppliers and outside contractors as and when required.
- Carry out planned and reactive maintenance and repairs, including plumbing, carpentry, and electrical work.
- Conduct regular checks and inspections of equipment and facilities to identify and address any issues.
- Respond promptly to maintenance requests from staff members.
- Conduct regular post office runs and perform collection and delivery function across sites where required.
- Set up basic IT hardware as needed.
- Perform risk assessments.
- Ensure statutory compliance is maintained.
- Carry out Health & Safety and Food Safety Risk Assessments and consider how risks can be reduced; develop internal policy and keep documents up to date and retained according to legislation
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation
- Experience and competence in basic plumbing and electrical work, painting, decorating, furniture assembly, and general repairs.
- Reliability, hardworking nature, and strong attention to detail.
- A good level of education which supports the requirement of the role. Minimum level C in English, Maths and ICT
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge and understanding of IT systems where applicable.
- Good interpersonal skills to be able to work as part of a team and deliver a high quality of work on time, as directed.
- Knowledge and background in Local Authority environment
- Ability to prioritise and work diligently under pressure within agreed timescales, as directed.
Cherry Professional are recruiting on behalf of their client
Roles you may have applied for: Facilities Officer, Facilities Manager, Handyman, Property Manager, Assistant Facilities Manager or Property Manager.