Purchase Order Administrator
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 0115 9222240
Sector: Finance Clerical
Start Date: 2023-11-16
Consultant: Cameron Keywood
Accounts Payable Assistant | Derby | Up to £23,000 + 3 Days Work From Home + Amazing Company Benefits
We are currently seeking a Purchase Order Administrator for a leading organisation in Burton on Trent. As a Purchase Order Administrator, you will be responsible for managing the purchase requisition process, ensuring accuracy and compliance with company policies.
The ideal candidate will have experience in procurement and a strong attention to detail. You will be responsible for driving timely compliance of PO receipting and responding to general procurement queries. You will also communicate regularly with functions regarding the status of outstanding POs and ensure that old/unrequired POs are closed promptly.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to resolve non-conformance to the No Po No Pay policy with suppliers in conjunction with AP and Business function. Additionally, you will support the invoice discrepancy process and timely resolution of invoice matching related queries.
Job Spec –
- Standardize Purchase Requisition (PR) Submission:
- Establish clear guidelines and templates for creating purchase requisitions.
- Ensure that PRs are comprehensive, including all necessary details such as item descriptions, quantities, budget codes, and justifications.
- Training and Education:
- Provide training to employees who create PRs to ensure they understand the process and guidelines.
- Emphasize the importance of accurate and complete PRs in the training.
- Review and Approval Workflow:
- Implement a well-defined approval workflow that includes the relevant stakeholders.
- Use technology, such as procurement software, to automate the approval process where possible.
- Regular Monitoring and Feedback:
- Monitor the PR process to identify bottlenecks and issues.
- Provide feedback to departments or individuals creating PRs to correct errors and ensure compliance.
- Purchase Order (PO) Receipting:
- Encourage departments to promptly receive goods or services once the PO is fulfilled.
- Monitor the PO receipting process and provide feedback to ensure timely compliance.
- Purchase Order Management:
- Maintain an organized system to keep track of all purchase orders, their status, and expected delivery dates.
- Communicate regularly with relevant functions to provide updates on outstanding POs and to identify unneeded POs for closure.
- Non-Conformance Resolution:
- Work closely with the Accounts Payable (AP) and business functions to address any non-conformance to the “No PO No Pay” policy with suppliers.
- Establish a clear process for resolving these issues in a timely manner.
- Invoice Discrepancy Resolution:
- Support the resolution of invoice matching-related queries by coordinating with relevant departments.
- Ensure that any discrepancies are resolved promptly and accurately to prevent delays in payment.
- Purchase Order Creation:
- When necessary, raise and send purchase orders promptly based on approved PRs.
- Ensure that purchase orders accurately reflect the information from the requisition.
- Maintain open and regular communication with various departments and functions to provide updates, address concerns, and answer procurement-related queries.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Periodically review and refine the PR process based on feedback and changing business needs.
- Look for opportunities to streamline the process and reduce errors.
- Technology Adoption:
- Consider using procurement software or tools that can automate and streamline various aspects of the process, including PR creation, PO management, and invoice matching.
If you are a highly organised and detail-oriented individual with experience in procurement, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. This company offers a supportive and collaborative work environment with opportunities for growth and development. Join our team as a Purchase Order Administrator and help us provide exceptional care to our patients.
Skills and experience:
-Accounts payable experience.
-Good IT skills, especially on Excel.
-Ability to work on your own and manage your own workload.
-Excellent communication skills.
-Meet targets and deadlines.
If you have experience in purchase ledger and are looking for a challenging and rewarding role, please apply now.
Roles you may have applied for: Purchase Ledger, Assistant, Accounts Payable Assistant, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Finance Assistant, Finance Administrator