£40000 per annum
07772 505 316
4 days ago
A high profile Derby business have created a new role for a Financial Accountant to join their existing high calibre finance function as a result of continued market growth. The business is renowned and proud of it's investment in it's staff and operational processes and is looking to add a Financial Accountant to support it on it's next growth phase. Ideally you will be a newly qualified chartered accountant looking to make your first move from the profession and be both technically strong but also wanting to question the 'why' as to how things are done.
The business are at the early stage of a system implementation project and this role will have heavy involvement with this as well as the day to day routine including:
- Balance sheet reconciliations - interrogate and look for process weaknesses and efficiency opportunities.
- Reviewing the risk register, digging into this as well as understanding what future risks look like and how they can be minimised / mitigated.
- Constantly challenge the norm - is there a better was of processing information and is it relevant?
- Preparation of and posting journals to the balance sheet and associated reconciliation.
- Ad hoc duties as required.
If you want to be part of their journey and have the pre-requisite skills and experience, please apply! The business are able to offer career progression both vertically through finance or into the wider business in a commercial/ operational role and will provide full support for this.
Due to Covid-19 please expect increased waiting times with all applications