£60000 - £70000 per annum
24 days ago
Superb opportunity to become Head of Commercial Finance for a profitable and growing organisation. Based near Grantham, privately owned and operating in the Financial Services and FinTech space. This is a 9-12-month contract due to maternity.
They are innovators and market disruptors within the regulated financial services sector. Operate in a niche but exciting field with a turnover more than £15m. They are looking to recruit a Qualified Accountant with commercial, value-add experience to join as their Interim Head of Commercial Finance, maximising contribution by leading cross functional decision-making on pricing, capacity, and investment.
This is a truly value add finance position and you will work closely with the CEO & CFO managing the budgeting and forecasting processes for revenue, direct costs, gross profit, and spend.
You will be an ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified Accountant with significant PQE and experienced in commercial finance, ideally within Financial Services or Technology.
You will be somebody who is excellent at building relationships, has proven experience of adding value through effective reporting, analysis, and modelling and who is looking for a role where they have influence over all areas of the business, including pricing, budgets, capacity, promotions and forecasting.
What you’ll do…
- Lead the monthly management reporting (to include Group)
- Coordinate cross-functional development of supporting product and Sales plans
- Ensure alignment to business strategy and objectives
- Through Financial Modelling, you will monitor trading performance, gathering, and analysing relevant information and data, including pricing, capacity, sales, market, and customer trends.
- Agree and implement actions, holding people to account all areas of the business, including re--pricing, promotions, and consolidation/expansion of capacity, to manage risks, optimise contribution, and ensure delivery of budget and forecast performance
- Own and enhance models to drive improved RoI across functions
- Enhance existing KPI reporting and develop new tools to improve efficiency and quality of information for decision making
- Ensure changes are communicated in a timely fashion and effective challenge is ongoing to ensure business success
What you’ll need…
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified with 5 years + PQE
- Experience of running an accounts team in a commercial environment
- A positive, proactive mind-set and the ability to prioritise numerous work streams
- Advanced knowledge of excel
What’s on offer…
- Up to £70,000 basic salary
- Flexible hours and flexible working culture (blend of home-office and site based)
- Great opportunities to make the role your own and get involved with exciting projects
Jobs you may have applied for; Finance Business Partner, Finance Manager, Financial Controller, Group Financial Controller, Group Finance Manager, Senior Management Accountant etc
Due to Covid-19 please expect increased waiting times with all applications