£50000 - £55000 per annum
0115 922 2240
26 days ago
Based in Nottingham, the Finance Manager will provide day to day management information and monthly reporting to allocated business areas and will work closely with budget holders to create annual budgets and forecasts.
The newly created Finance Manager position will be an extremely broad role covering the core elements of financial reporting but also leading the budget, forecast, strategic planning, cash flow forecasting and a wide range of other ad hoc duties.
One thing the current FD can promise with this role is variety, so in addition to this he is looking for someone who can help him to implement improvements and efficiencies across all of their processes.
- Design and implement financial strategies that will have a direct impact on the business
- Rapidly growing, family owned business
- The owners are constantly re-investing into the business
- Modern, open plan offices with a relaxed culture
The business is very ambitious and highly acquisitive so there is no doubt your role will grow dramatically over the next 1-2 years. The Finance Manager will also gain excellent senior stakeholder exposure including presenting to the senior leadership team and partnering with heads of department including Sales, Operations and HR.
- Lead the development of the Finance Team, currently consisting of 2 direct reports
- Ensure that the appropriate policies and processes are in place to deliver accurate, reliable, timely and consistent financial data and management information.
- Take the lead on various senior leadership initiatives as part of the local management team (e.g. reduce debtor days, stock control, introduction of KPIs)
- Responsible for the annual statutory accounts, budgeting process and re-forecasting exercises as required
- Support the implementation of new processes and controls and the implementation of new systems that are geared to the growth of the business
- Covering for the Finance Director and supporting on new projects from a commercial perspective.
Who are we looking for…
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise and analyse data with accuracy, converting company goals into numbers
- Someone who is up for challenge, they are looking for candidates who will question processes and actively seek to make improvements
- Interpersonal skills to support, advise and influence managers from different parts of the business whilst providing strong financial control where necessary
Salary on offer: up to £55,000 + 10% Bonus + Flexi hours + Further Benefits
Jobs you may have applied for may include Management Accountant, Finance Manager, Financial Controller, Head of Finance.
Cherry Professional are recruiting this role on behalf of the client.
Due to Covid-19 please expect increased waiting times with all applications