£42000 - £45000 per annum
0115 922 2240
11 days ago
Exciting opportunity for a qualified accountant to join a national professional service business based in Nottingham - paying up to £45,000 + Private Medical, Life, CIC & Income Protection, 34 Days Holiday and a whole host of other benefits including palates and massages on site.
* No one person will work late - the whole team will stay behind to help, they don’t work long hours there because of this (even at month end).
* Everyone in the team supports each other.
* Very modern working environment, open plan offices.
* Core values - Passion, collaboration, communication, honesty and TEAM TEAM TEAM... they couldn't stress that side enough.
You can expect full autonomy to experiment with your ideas and will be recognised for your efforts. This role will evolve daily and ad-hoc additional responsibilities will present themselves in an ever-changing and fast-moving industry. This is a unique and challenging opportunity, progression and responsibility will not be limited.
- A core focus of the position is to ensure the accurate production of management accounts and submitting P&L and balance sheets for relevant business areas
- You will be responsible for producing robust forecasts and budgets and building strong relationships across the business.
- One thing the current FD can promise with this role is variety, so in addition to this he is looking for someone who can help him to implement improvements and efficiencies across all of their processes.
- You will be exposed to projects at a very senior level, so with this in mind you will need to be technically strong with the ability to take the lead. Alongside this you will be exposed to managing, developing and recruiting for the team as it grows
The business is always looking at ways to be more efficient, so the successful candidate will have the opportunity to ensure all systems and reporting are fit for purpose, robust and efficient, whilst driving and implementing improvements and enhancements where necessary, imbedding best practice.
The Management Accountant will be a key business partner developing relationships at all levels in the business providing both challenge and support to deliver against targets. You will provide robust analysis on performance trends, business opportunities and financial risks; and developing these into actionable insights for the commercial team as well as taking ownership for the month-end accounting cycle, and weekly / monthly reporting.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience of system and process improvements
- Able to work independently with strong time management skills
- Experience of helping drive change across a business
- ACCA / CIMA / ACA Qualified
Jobs you may have applied for may include Management Accountant, Finance Analyst, Qualified Accountant, Commercial Accountant.
Cherry Professional are recruiting this role on behalf of the client.
Due to Covid-19 please expect increased waiting times with all applications