£32000 - £37000 per annum
0115 922 2240
24 days ago
Are you a part or recently qualified Accountant looking to become a Head of Finance within the next 2-3 years?
Do you have the drive and ambition to work in an exciting SME with plans to grow from £10 million to £40million t/o in the next 4 years?
Cherry Professional are excited to be working with an exciting and rapidly growing Technology business based in Nottingham in the recruitment of a Commercial Finance Manager.
Our client is actively seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, bright & engaging individual to work closely with the current CFO and Managing Director in both financial and strategic support.
This role will see you be involved in all areas of finance, including exciting projects such as a new system implementation and reporting improvements. With a planned route of progression to reach Head of Finance in the next 3 years, this role is an incredible opportunity to work along-side a high-calibre mentor who is looking to pass on all of his experience in helping a driven candidate to accelerate their career.
The role in a nutshell...
- Ownership of the day to day running of the finance function, with support from the CFO
- Prepare management information as well as weekly forecasts
- Model, understand and interpret financial and operational implications of strategic opportunities
- Dealing with senior stakeholders across the business, you will build strong relationships making commercial recommendations that will maximise profit and drive gross margin optimisation with a key focus on revenue
- Provide accurate and meaningful analysis and present the results to the business to drive effective decision making
- Support the CFO with the following; Financial planning, Scenario Planning, Business planning, investment appraisals & Ad hoc reporting
- Manage & oversee the development of an Assistant Accountant
This is a high profile opportunity where your responsibility is to ultimately ensure the future of the division is clearly defined and business performance is optimised.
Who the client is looking for...
- Finalist or recently Qualified ACCA / CIMA
- A bright, engaging individual with a sleeves rolled up attitude
- Advanced excel and system skills
- You’ll be confident dealing with varying sources of data and have the ability to work to given deadlines on a regular basis
- Strong budgeting, forecasting and analytical skills
- An ambitious character who has the aim and talent to become a Finance Director
Other roles you may have applied for include Management Accountant, Finance Manager, PQ Management Accountant, Commercial Accountant.
Cherry Professional are recruiting this role on behalf of the client.
Due to Covid-19 please expect increased waiting times with all applications