£50000 - £600000 per annum
0115 922 2240
3 months ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen with a high growth technology brand in Nottingham to act as a business partner to senior transformation/operational stakeholders.
As Commercial Analyst, you will be working in partnership with a number of project teams as well as other Finance and business stakeholders to advance the Commercial Finance function as it expands into new lines of business, developing Financial Reporting, modelling, forecasting, and driving insight to enable better strategic decisions
The successful candidate will be a key player in this team, reporting to the Head of Commercial & Analytics and providing support across a number of different areas, working closely with Data Engineers, Business Development and Marketing.
Although the business is based in Nottingham there is complete flexibility around where this person can be located. The business is very open to the team working remotely and promotes flexible hours when based in the office.
- Develop, maintain and own financial models, producing accurate forecasts that steer the business
- Create timely financial monitoring packs relevant to the business line to understand performance and the impact of new strategies
- Identify opportunities to improve processes, procedures and products through financial analysis, and make recommendations Support ad-hoc data and reporting requests
- Excellent analytical prowess and an ability to identify trends and relationships across numerous datasets to inform decisions and support recommendations.
- Ability to apply analytical skills beyond the traditional functions of finance and to bring them to bear on a broad range of commercial issues.
- Ability to see value in the information you provide and to inspire others to make use of it.
- Minimum 2:1 Degree in a numerate subject
- Experience of financial modelling
- High degree of Excel capability (VBA, SQL, Macros)
- Has the gravitas and impact to influence senior stakeholders and to hold business partners to account
Offering up to £60,000 basic
Benefits: 5% Pension contribution, 34 days holiday, Private Healthcare, very flexible working, opportunity to buy or sell 5 days holiday, enhanced maternity package, workplace nursery.
Jobs you may have applied for may include commercial accountant, finance business partner, commercial analyst, finance analyst, finance business analyst.
Due to Covid-19 please expect increased waiting times with all applications