£42000 - £45000 per annum
0115 922 2240
16 days ago
Are you a Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) looking for a new challenge?
Do you have significant month end exposure along with business interaction and analysis?
Do you know your way around SAP?
If that answers to the above are ‘yes’ then please read on!
We are delighted to be supporting a client who has recently been promoted as they build their new team! At present, it is the Head of Finance supported by a number of Assistant Management Accountants and clerical level staff. They, therefore, require a qualified accountant to be their No.2 and support them through this exciting journey.
As the business grows, so does the team and there has been significant investment from Group to make this a success. As part of this, they have invested in SAP and want to ensure they have experienced users in the team.
Role Responsibilities …
- Reviewing the integrity of the Assistant Management Accountants work in preparing monthly management accounts for all areas of responsibility, highlighting areas of concern for the business
- Completion of monthly analysis of all balance sheets.
- Ensuring the integrity of all balance sheet reconciliations and reporting, and providing a full analysis of all unexpected balances.
- Identifying areas for potential improvements in the balance sheet position and working with relevant finance manager in the business controlling team to ensure the optimum balance sheet position is understood and achieved.
- Assisting the Business Controlling team in the completion of the annual budget for all allocated areas of responsibility.
- Ensuring that all reporting is compliant with all relevant accounting standards.
- Liaising with auditors on areas of responsibility and provide prompt and accurate responses to all queries.
- Where applicable, manage and develop the role of the AMA, conducting regular reviews, driving excellent performance and professional development within the role
- Manage and develop the role of the Assistant Management Accountants, conducting regular reviews, driving excellent performance and professional development within the role.
- Continuous improvement of content and presentation of analysis and routine reports to ensure the quality of the information prepared and presented.
* Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
* 4+ years experience in a finance function
* Month-end ownership experience
* Strong user of Excel and SAP
* Effective communicator
* Highly analytical with the ability to spot trends and offer solutions
What’s on offer…
* Package on offer is up to £45,000 + 5% Pension + 33 Days Holiday
* x4 Life Assurance
* Annual Bonus
* Private Healthcare
* Childcare voucher scheme
Jobs you may have applied for include Finance Business Partner, Senior Management Accountant, Finance Manager, Commercial Finance Manager.
Cherry Professional are recruiting this role on behalf of the client
Due to Covid-19 please expect increased waiting times with all applications