£42000 - £45000 per annum
0115 922 2240
3 months ago
Based in Nottingham, the Finance Manager will provide day to day management information and monthly reporting to allocated business areas and will work closely with budget holders to create annual budgets and forecasts.
The newly created Finance Manager position will be an extremely broad role covering the core elements of financial reporting but also leading the budget, forecast, strategic planning, cash flow forecasting and a wide range of other ad hoc duties.
The business is very ambitious and highly acquisitive so there is no doubt your role will grow dramatically over the next 1-2 years. The Finance Manager will also gain excellent senior stakeholder exposure including presenting to the senior leadership team and partnering with heads of department including Sales, Operations and HR.
- Lead the development of the Finance Team, currently consisting of 4 direct reports
- Ensure that the appropriate policies and processes are in place to deliver accurate, reliable, timely and consistent financial data and management information.
- Take the lead on various senior leadership initiatives as part of the local management team (e.g. reduce debtor days, stock control, introduction of KPIs)
- Managing the VAT return commitments
- Responsible for the annual statutory accounts, budgeting process and re-forecasting exercises as required
- Support the implementation of new processes and controls and the implementation of new systems that are geared to the growth of the business
- Covering for the Finance Director and supporting on new projects from a commercial perspective.
Who are we looking for…
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
- Proven experience of working within a management accounting function with multiple budget holders
- Someone who is up for challenge, they are looking for candidates who will question processes and actively seek to make improvements
- Interpersonal skills to support, advise and influence managers from different parts of the business whilst providing strong financial control where necessary
Salary on offer: up to £45,000 + Bonus + 34 Days Holiday + Further Benefits
Please note: The hiring manager is looking to progress remote interviews through telephone and Zoom and will be onboarding the successful candidate remotely.
Jobs you may have applied for may include Management Accountant, Finance Manager, Qualified Accountant, Commercial Accountant.
Cherry Professional are recruiting this role on behalf of the client.
Due to Covid-19 please expect increased waiting times with all applications