£35000 - £40000 per annum
6 months ago
Group Project Accountant | Leicester | NQ/Finalist | £35,000 - £40,000 + Blue Chip Benefits Package
Are you a finalist or newly qualified accountant looking for role outside of the norm?
Are you naturally inquisitive with a high attention to detail? Have you gained a good level of technical accounting knowledge (IFRS etc) from your studies and career to date? Do you have experience of preparing full UK company accounts but are keen to step away from the usual month end churn?
If so I have an extremely rare opportunity to undertake a projects based role where you will get involved in everything from process improvement, controls, audit and analysis. You will also encounter a high level of business interaction dealing with not only finance but also Marketing, HR, Procurement, IT and Commercial.
Typical role duties?
- Analyse business performance
- Prepare statutory accounts including ensuring compliance with all
accounting standards, legal and corporate governance requirements
- Review transactions and business structures to determine the correct accounting treatment under IFRS and UK GAAP
- Involvement in the preparation of Audit Committee papers at half and year-end and point of contact for the external auditors
- Involvement in both technical accounting and operational finance projects, including process review, redesign and improvements and implementation of new back office systems and processes
- Assess accounting practices and monitor key performance indicators across the Group to inform risk analysis
- Provide advice on Group accounting policy to the business, working closely with local finance teams
What do you need to be considered?
- Qualified, finalist or part-qualified financial accountant (ACA/ACCA)
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and application
- Able to work upon own initiative
- Able to develop strong working relationships across the business
- Advanced Excel skills
- High attention to detail
- In return you will be joining a high performing and profitable FTSE organisation with an employee focused "family feel" environment where you will be expected to perform yet supported all the way.
Jobs you may have applied for include Group Accountant, Financial Accountant, Management Accountant, Group Reporting Accountant, Statutory Accountant, Project Accountant
The role is commutable from Nottingham, Derby, Loughborough and Leicester