£50000 - £60000 per annum, Benefits: Car + Benefits
6 months ago
Financial Controller | Leicester | Offering up to £60,000 + Benefits
Our client is looking to recruit an outstanding Finance Manager who will work closely with the Finance Director in this newly created (FC) position where you will act as both manager of a small finance team (6-10) along with having operational control of the day to day finance requirements of the business.
The brief asks for a proactive and tenacious individual, who is not only an experienced manufacturing accountant but also an effective and successful team manager. Ideally you will be a 'hands on' business driver who will also get can act as an advocate for finance in the wider business.
The team restructured and has grown in the past 12 months. Along with an ethos of promoting from within wherever possible you can be confident of future development prospects.
- Lead the finance function by supporting and motivating a team of 6-10 direct and indirect reports
- Lead the preparation and completion of monthly financial accounts; group submissions and ensuring information ready for directors monthly management meetings.
- Management of fixed asset register, fleet register; purchase ledger, credit control and payroll
Acting as a finance partner to the operational and commercial teams helping to prepare quotations, forecasts and budgets, analysing results, supporting key initiatives and decisions
- Encourage a culture of high operational standards and delivery
- Develop and implement new financial processes which are effective and efficient focusing on continuous improvement at all times
- Take a hands on approach being someone who is happy to lead by example when required yet delegate and develop those below
- Supporting the Group Finance function and audit processes as required
- Cover for Finance Director in periods of absence
What they’re looking for…
- Experienced Accountant with experience in the Manufacturing sector
- Proven management/leadership experience
- Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA or Qualified by experience.
- Strong Excel skills / experience
What’s on offer…
The company provides a productive and pleasant working environment. Salary will be up to £60,000 plus competitive benefits.
Jobs you may have applied for include Finance Business Partner, Senior Business Partner, Finance Manager, Commercial Finance Manager, FP&A Manager.
The role is commutable from Nottingham, Derby, Loughborough and Leicester
Cherry Professional are delighted to be recruiting this role exclusively on behalf of the client.