£25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: pension, health, flex hours
8 months ago
Finance Manager | Derby | £25,000 to £30,000
Are you a Finance Manager looking for a key role with a growing SME?
This standalone position with this friendly, dynamic, creative business, is the ideal opportunity for those who love working in an SME environment, where you will have a varied role and interact with all levels of the business.
As Finance Manager you will be reporting to the Directors.
- Managing / overseeing Finance department – 2 businesses
- Responsible for transactions on XERO accounting software
- Using account system to undertake regular reconciliations
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Credit Control - managing outstanding invoices and ensuring prompt payment
- Controlling all financial records and data accurately and within agreed timescale
- Payroll, Pension and expenses
- Overseeing the setting up on new clients onto our accounting system
- Responsibility for the preparation of all year-end accounts and working with external accountant where appropriate
- Responsibility for the preparation of VAT returns
- Forecasting and budgets
- Supporting and advising the Directors in management and growth of the business
- Various ad -hoc Office Administrative tasks
Qualifications and Experience
Ideally, you will be AAT Qualified, Part-qualified or QBE - Proven experience could be considered in place of formal qualifications,
- You will be calm, confident, approachable, organised and highly reliable person with a proven track record in managing accounts.
- With a pro-active, hands-on approach, you will be an innovative person - able to identify solutions to any business issues
- With great communication skills, you will be able to adapt to conversations with staff at all levels.
- Naturally, proactive and motivate, with excellent attention to detail organisation and analytical skills
- Good IT skills - Experience with Xero would be beneficial
- Although managing your own work in this standalone role, you will be able to work well as a team and liaise with colleagues within and between department
- With a "can-do " attitude, you will work flexibly and help out with various administrative tasks from time to time.
Other posts you may have applied for: Assistant Finance Manager ; Accountant ; Financial Accountant ; Company Accountant ; Bookkeeper
Easy commute from Derby ; Long Eaton ; Ripley ; Risley ; Nottingham ; Castle Donington ; Alfreton ; Ashbourne ; Burton on Trent