£25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: pension, health, flex hours
2 days ago
Are you a Finance Manager looking for a key role with a growing SME?
This standalone position with this friendly, dynamic, creative business, is the ideal opportunity for those who love working in an SME environment, where you will have a varied role and interact with all levels of the business.
As Finance Manager you will be reporting to the Directors.
- Managing / overseeing Finance department – 2 businesses
- Responsible for transactions on XERO accounting software
- Using account system to undertake regular reconciliations
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Credit Control - managing outstanding invoices and ensuring prompt payment
- Controlling all financial records and data accurately and within agreed timescale
- Payroll, Pension and expenses
- Overseeing the setting up on new clients onto our accounting system
- Responsibility for the preparation of all year-end accounts and working with external accountant where appropriate
- Responsibility for the preparation of VAT returns
- Forecasting and budgets
- Supporting and advising the Directors in management and growth of the business
- Various ad -hoc Office Administrative tasks
Qualifications and Experience
Ideally, you will be AAT Qualified, Part-qualified or QBE - Proven experience could be considered in place of formal qualifications,
You will be calm, confident, approachable, organised and highly reliable person with a proven track record in managing accounts.
With a pro-active, hands-on approach, you will be an innovative person - able to identify solutions to any business issues
With great communication skills, you will be able to adapt to conversations with staff at all levels.
Naturally, proactive and motivate, with excellent attention to detail organisation and analytical skills
Good IT skills - Experience with Xero would be beneficial
Although managing your own work in this standalone role, you will be able to work well as a team and liaise with colleagues within and between department
With a "can-do " attitude, you will work flexibly and help out with various administrative tasks from time to time.
Other posts you may have applied for: Assistant Finance Manager ; Accountant ; Financial Accountant ; Company Accountant ; Bookkeeper
Easy commute from Derby ; Long Eaton ; Ripley ; Risley ; Nottingham ; Castle Donington ; Alfreton ; Ashbourne ; Burton on Trent